Suffolk couple offering dog swimming lessons scoop national award
- Credit: Canine Dip and Dive
A dog swimming pool in Suffolk that helps pooches take to the water has been named among the best canine attractions in the UK.
Dog-loving husband and wife Andy Brownlie and Jo Allen paddled away with top spot in the 'Days Out' category at the DogFriendly Awards in December.
The pair have run Canine Dip and Dive — based in Otley, near Debenham — since August 2017.
Initially they only held classes on weekends, but word soon got around and the couple started taking bookings throughout the week — meaning it became a full-time venture.
Canine Dip and Dive also manages venues in Wymondham and in Hertfordshire, with a fourth pool set to open in Maldon later this year.
Mr Brownlie said the business helps owners bond with their dogs, as well as providing the dogs with a different form of exercise.
He said: "We're very proud. The fact that we are the best for days out in the whole of the UK is pretty amazing.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 7 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 8 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
"We're quite a unique business. It's amazing how many dogs can't actually swim, especially short-faced breeds like pugs and Frenchies.
"But it's such a lovely thing to see a dog go from struggling to swimming. We've built quite a family here of people that come back.
"We set up the business to help nervous dogs, but it's branched out in some many different ways. We do weight loss sessions, but also just for fun. There's so many reasons to come."