Cannabis plants found in Suffolk and Essex as £600,000 worth of drug seized
- Credit: Archant
Two “sophisticated” cannabis factories have been uncovered in Suffolk and Essex as cannabis plants worth an estimated £600,000 were seized by police.
A warrant executed on Wednesday discovered a factory in an industrial estate in Middleton Road, Sudbury.
Later that day, a second warrant led to another factory being found at a residential address in Pebmarsh, Essex.
Rooms at both properties were filled with cannabis plants, complete with lighting and ventilation systems.
Five people have been arrested in connection to the factories. All have been released under investigation following interviews.
You may also want to watch:
The cannabis from the factories have been seized and will be destroyed, Sudbury and Haverhill Police confirmed.
A police statement said: "This is excellent work by the Sudbury and Haverhill officers and Area Intelligence Teams."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey