Cannabis plants seized and two arrested following police raid in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
More than 70 cannabis plants were seized and two people were arrested after police executed a drugs warrant in Clacton.
Officers from the Tendring Community Policing Team executed the warrant at an address in Burrs Road, Clacton, on Tuesday.
More than 70 cannabis plants were found in the property and two occupants at the address – a 29-year-old man and a 30-year-old woman – both from Clacton were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the production of cannabis, abstracting electricity and possession of Class A drugs.
Both have been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
All of the cannabis plants were seized to be destroyed and UK Power Networks attended the address to make the electricity supply safe.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with concerns about drug dealing or suspected cannabis cultivations is asked to contact police by calling 101.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down