‘Strange smell in the air’: Sharp-nosed police sniff out cannabis on patrol
- Credit: citizenside.com
When police in Framlingham noticed what they described as a “strange smell in the air”, they knew something was up.
And it wasn't long before their senses led them to find cannabis on a man while out on foot patrol.
The officers were out in the East Suffolk town on Saturday, February 29 when they noticed a whiff of something that wasn't quite right.
Writing about the experience on Twitter, officers said: "Their noses led them to an adult male who was searched and cannabis found."
The man was interviewed by the officers, with Suffolk police saying he was given a "cannabis warning".
You may also want to watch:
The drugs were later destroyed.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood