Capel St Mary home ransacked during daylight break-in
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses are being sought after cash and jewellery were stolen during a daytime burglary in Capel St Mary.
The break-in happened between 3.30pm and 5.15pm on Wednesday, November 23.
An address in Thorney Road was targeted in the raid.
The property was entered by an offender, or offenders, climbing over a side passageway gate.
A rear patio door was then smashed to gain entry and the home was ransacked inside as the burglars conducted a messy search of the property.
You may also want to watch:
Cash and jewellery were stolen during the burglary.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area, or who has any information about this crime, is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 75456/17.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111, or by filling out an online form on the charity’s website at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Burglary prevention advice from Suffolk Constabulary includes:
• Avoid keeping any valuable jewellery items in the master bedroom.
• Avoid keeping valuable jewellery in obvious places such as jewellery boxes, under the bed or at the bottom of the wardrobe.
• Consider hiding such items in several locations around your home (not a wardrobe).
• If using a safe, please ensure this is secured to the floor.