Capel St Mary home ransacked during daylight break-in
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses are being sought after cash and jewellery were stolen during a daytime burglary in Capel St Mary.
The break-in happened between 3.30pm and 5.15pm on Wednesday, November 23.
An address in Thorney Road was targeted in the raid.
The property was entered by an offender, or offenders, climbing over a side passageway gate.
A rear patio door was then smashed to gain entry and the home was ransacked inside as the burglars conducted a messy search of the property.
Cash and jewellery were stolen during the burglary.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area, or who has any information about this crime, is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 75456/17.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 2 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 3 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 4 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 5 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 6 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 8 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 9 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 10 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111, or by filling out an online form on the charity’s website at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Burglary prevention advice from Suffolk Constabulary includes:
• Avoid keeping any valuable jewellery items in the master bedroom.
• Avoid keeping valuable jewellery in obvious places such as jewellery boxes, under the bed or at the bottom of the wardrobe.
• Consider hiding such items in several locations around your home (not a wardrobe).
• If using a safe, please ensure this is secured to the floor.