Capel St Mary: Missing woman found
POLICE have confirmed that a woman who was reported missing yesterday lunchtime has been found safe and well.
Police had issued an urgent appeal as they tried to trace Brenda Peck, who had been missing from Capel St Mary.
A police spokesman said: “I can confirm Brenda Peck has now been found. She was discovered alive, but very cold, in some undergrowth on the disused railway line north of Capel by two police officers who were part of the search for her. She is now being taken to hospital for checks.
“Police would like to thank all those involved with the search - particularly Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue (SULSAR) who assisted last night and today in freezing conditions.”
She explained that officers had been able to narrow the search after a member of the public called in with information at about noon today, reporting a possible sighting of her heading towards the old railway track yesterday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
This led to the search and the 57-year-old being found by the officers at 1.15pm today.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL