Capel St Mary: Police renew appeal following fatal crash on A12
POLICE are renewing their appeal for witnesses following a fatal crash on the A12 at Capel St Mary.
Officers were contacted by a man who was driving a tractor just after 4.10pm on Sunday afternoon to reports of a car on its roof in a field just after the BP garage.
Officers attended and found a silver BMW on its roof, off the south-bound carriageway. The car had collided with a tree.
Following the initial investigation, officers now believe that the collision may have taken place sometime between 6.30am and 9am on Sunday and police are appealing for anyone who may have seen the vehicle leave the road to get in contact.
The body of a man – believed to be in his late 40s and from Essex – was found with the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries are ongoing in order to identify the deceased.
Police have begun an investigation into what happened and are asking anyone with information to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 6 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point