Capel St Mary: Simon Hall’s mother’s shock at his murder confession
The mother of Simon Hall today expressed her shock at learning of her son’s murder confession.
But Lynne Hall still maintains her son is innocent of the murder of pensioner Joan Albert in December 2001.
Mrs Hall said: “I’m absolutely shocked because I know he is innocent and I still believe he is.
“But it’s the system. If he had pleaded guilty in the beginning, he would be home now.
“I know he has been really low and in hospital recently. He’s given up.”
You may also want to watch:
Hall’s parents Lynne and Phil Hall and his brother Shaun supported him through numerous appeals which were unsuccessful.
Mrs Hall added: “I believe he feels he can’t take any more after all the fight he has put up and how brave he has been.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
“If that’s his decision, that’s his decision but I will never believe that.”