Car carrying two children crashes through fence in Ipswich
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Emergency services were called to a busy road in Ipswich today after a car with two children inside crashed through a fence.
The incident involving a Ford Focus happened in Felixstowe Road, between Murray Road and St Augustine’s roundabout, around 9.05am.
The woman driver and two child passengers were uninjured.
A spokeswoman the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We sent an ambulance crew to the scene, however there were no injuries and no one needed transferring to hospital.”
Two fire crews – one from Ipswich East and one from Ipswich Princes Street – attended.
Firefighters worked to make the scene safe.
Initially there were fears people were trapped, but everyone made it out of the vehicle without assistance.
- 1 Victorian water tower set to become restaurant
- 2 West Suffolk pig farmer reluctantly decides to sell herd after torrid year
- 3 Landlord fined £23k over 'dangerous' electrics and broken toilets at homes
- 4 Red Arrows set to soar over Suffolk this weekend
- 5 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 6 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
- 7 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 8 Historic Suffolk hotel and restaurant set for closure
- 9 A-Level results: Joy for students across Suffolk
- 10 Ex-Town defender wants to win League One title with Owls
The car was recovered and the road was clear by 10.30am.