‘It looked quite dramatic’ – car crashes into river
- Credit: Archant
A brand new Volvo courtesy car has been left stranded in the River Ore in Framlingham.
The Volvo V40 CC was reportedly driven in the wrong direction out of the Fore Street car park in Framlingham, landing in the neighbouring River Ore.
The vehicle is believed to be a courtesy car, promoting a local garage and advertising a test drive.
A spokesman for the garage, M.R.King and Sons of Halesworth, said: “The customer involved is absolutely fine albeit a little shaken, embarrassed and of course has wet feet.
“The car is currently being recovered. Unfortunately it was a driver error and luckily it all happened at low speed.
You may also want to watch:
A member of staff at the Bulstrodes store in nearby Bridge Street said a customer had shown her a shocking image of the scene.
“It did look quite dramatic,” she said. “They obviously touched the accelerator and went into the river.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 9 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 10 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
She added that the customer wondered if this showed how far people would go to “avoid paying car parking charges”.
The garage spokesman added: “You can’t be safer than in a Volvo. If you wish to test drive a Volvo yourself but not in the same manner we would be happy to oblige.”