Road partially reopened after woman cut free from car following crash
- Credit: Archant
One lane has now reopened on the A1101 after a dramatic two car crash which saw fire crews work to cut a passenger free from one of the vehicles.
The emergency services were called to the incident at around 7.40am today where a blue Mercedes and a grey Peugeot 206 had collided on the road near Icklingham.
A female passenger was trapped in a vehicle and the fire service worked to cut the roof off to remove her for some time after the crash.
Her injuries are understood not to be life-threatening and she has been driven to hospital by ambulance.
One vehicle has been moved but police are still advising that drivers avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
The whole road will be reopened following the recovery of the second vehicle .
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight