Car crashes off A14 into road sign
A MAN was feared to be injured and slumped at the wheel of his car following an accident on the A14 today.
The crash was reported to police at around 11.15am.
A member of the public alerted them to a car that had gone off the carriageway and its driver, a man, was said to be injured at the wheel.
Police, firefighters and paramedics are at the scene on the eastbound carriageway near to the Nacton junction where they have discovered a car which has collided with a road sign.
The accident has caused major delays as traffic jams back up over the Orwell Bridge, causing problems in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said the man appears to be shaken but he is not thought to be seriously injured.
He said the police helicopter was deployed to the scene, after initial reports suggested another vehicle may have been involved, crashing off the side of the road.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 Busy high street taped off by police
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
But investigations have found no other vehicles to be involved.
An ambulance spokeswoman said the man has been taken to Ipswich Hospital for further medical checks.