Car driving on wrong side of road in Elmstead Market fails to stop after causing crash
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers were injured when the car they were travelling in rolled into a ditch because the driver was forced to swerve out of the path of another vehicle.
A blue BMW 316 was travelling on the A133 Clacton Road towards Elmstead Market shortly after 12am on Thursday, November 16 when a small dark-coloured car driving on the wrong side of the road came towards it.
The BMW driver swerved out of the way, causing the car to roll over into a ditch. The driver, a 19-year-old man from Brightlingsea, and passenger, a 19-year-old woman from Elmstead, were taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The other car failed to stop.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Pc Andrew Egerton at Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident number three of November 16.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, contact independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week