Car on fire in Carlton Colville is suspected arson, firefighters confirm
- Credit: Archant
Police and firefighters were called to a suspected arson attack in Carlton Colville in the early hours of this morning.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue was called at 2.37am to reports of a fire in Mutfordwood Lane, Carlton Colville.
One crew from Lowestoft south station attended to find a car on fire in an open space in the area.
Firefighters used one hose reel to put out the flames by 3.21am.
A statement from the fire service said: “A call was received from a member of the public to a fire in the open at this location.
“Crews arrived on scene to find a car on fire.
“The fire was extinguished using one hose reel.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
“Police have been informed as this is suspected arson.”
Anyone who witnessed what happened or has any information which may help police should call investigating officers on 101, or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.