Car on fire in Carlton Colville is suspected arson, firefighters confirm
- Credit: Archant
Police and firefighters were called to a suspected arson attack in Carlton Colville in the early hours of this morning.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue was called at 2.37am to reports of a fire in Mutfordwood Lane, Carlton Colville.
One crew from Lowestoft south station attended to find a car on fire in an open space in the area.
Firefighters used one hose reel to put out the flames by 3.21am.
A statement from the fire service said: “A call was received from a member of the public to a fire in the open at this location.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews arrived on scene to find a car on fire.
“The fire was extinguished using one hose reel.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
“Police have been informed as this is suspected arson.”
Anyone who witnessed what happened or has any information which may help police should call investigating officers on 101, or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.