Fire crews called to car engulfed in flames in Suffolk village
- Credit: Suffolk police
Fire crews were called to extinguish a car that was engulfed in flames in a Suffolk village last night.
The car caught fire on the A1120 between Forward Green and Earl Stonham at about 8.30pm.
Stowmarket police, who had arrived at the scene moments before the fire service, posted a picture of smoke billowing from the vehicle.
The occupants of the car managed to escape and were left unharmed.
Police said it was "not what we expected to find on our Halloween patrols".
A Suffolk police spokesman was unable to confirm the cause of the fire.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 7 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143