Car fire victim died of ‘natural causes’
A MAN whose car left the road, caught fire then exploded died of natural causes, a post mortem examination has found.
Anthony White, 58, of Falcon Drive, Brandon, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on the A143 at Pakenham on Monday morning.
Police believe Mr White lost control of the silver Ford Fiesta he was driving while travelling west-bound on the A143 at 3.48am.
A passing motorist called emergency services, saying the car had left the A143, gone up a bank and was on fire.
The caller then managed to drag the man from the car before it exploded.
You may also want to watch:
The incident, the A143 was closed for six hours in both directions between the B1106 Mill Road and A1088 Stow Lane while collision investigators carried out their inquiries and the car was recovered.
No inquest will now be held into Mr White’s death.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before