Car hits Pizza Hut building in Bury St Edmunds town centre
- Credit: Archant
Damage has been caused to the Pizza Hut building in Bury St Edmunds town centre after it was hit by a car this morning.
The incident, witnessed by shoppers in the town, took place around 10.40am when the car struck the Cornhill building as it was turning right into Woolhall Street.
The driver, an elderly woman, was not hurt and no-else was injured in the incident.
The car appeared to scrape the building as it was turning right, according to eye witnesses.
The drain pipe on the side of the building was badly damaged and debris from the vehicle was scattered along the street following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called but it is not yet known if there is any structural damage to the Pizza Hut building.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “We were called to reports of a single-vehicle collision at Pizza Hut in Bury St Edmunds this morning.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
“There are no reported injuries and police are currently on the scene.”