Car veers off A14 near Bury St Edmunds and crashes into post
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Emergency services were sent to the scene of a crash on the A14 in west Suffolk this afternoon.
Police officers and paramedics were called to the eastbound carriageway close to the sugar beet factory in Bury St Edmunds at around 3.20pm.
They were responding to reports a car had veered off the road and crashed into a post.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were told the car had hit a post.
“Ambulance crews were at the scene as well.
You may also want to watch:
“Highways officers were also called to assess damage to the post.”
An ambulance crew and ambulance officer also helped at the scene.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
No-one required treatment at the scene, a spokesman for the service said, and no patients were taken to hospital.
Witnesses to the crash and anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting incident number 243 of today.