Car ploughs into wall in morning drama
TRAFFIC was brought to a standstill after a car ploughed into a wall on Ipswich's waterfront.Police were called at 6.48am today after receiving reports of a car crashing into a wall in Salthouse Street.
TRAFFIC was brought to a standstill after a car ploughed into a wall on Ipswich's waterfront.
Police were called at 6.48am today after receiving reports of a car crashing into a wall in Salthouse Street.
The road was closed for a short-time while a recovery vehicle towed the car away.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said that no structural damage had been caused to the surrounding buildings, however street furniture was damaged.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured in the incident.
The crash caused chaos for early morning commuters, with tailbacks through to Grimwade Street and Duke Street.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140