Care home manager is struck off
By Patrick LowmanA CARE home boss has been struck off after he was found guilty of “inappropriate behaviour” towards other members of staff.Stephen Richardson, who was manager of The Dell, a residential home for adults with learning disabilities in Great Cornard, has now been banned from working as a registered care home manager anywhere in the country.
By Patrick Lowman
A CARE home boss has been struck off after he was found guilty of “inappropriate behaviour” towards other members of staff.
Stephen Richardson, who was manager of The Dell, a residential home for adults with learning disabilities in Great Cornard, has now been banned from working as a registered care home manager anywhere in the country.
A spokesman for the National Care Standards Commission, which is responsible for monitoring all British care home managers, said it carried out an investigation into Mr Richardson's behaviour while he was working as a manager at the 48-place residential home in Cats Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Although he could not give any details about the exact allegations, the spokesman confirmed Mr Richardson has been struck off the national register of care home managers after being found guilty of inappropriate behaviour.
He added the charge of inappropriate behaviour covered a range of misdemeanours, such as sexual harassment, racial abuse and bullying. Mr Richardson, of Queens Road, Sudbury, refused to comment.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 10 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
Norwyn Cole, the commission's area manager, said: “Mr Richardson was struck off the commission's national care manager register with effect from October 29, 2003, following an investigation into allegations of inappropriate behaviour.
“We do not believe the residents of the home were at risk at any stage and the organisation has co-operated fully with our investigation.
“His employment status is a matter for the organisation, but having been struck off the National Care Standards Commission register, he is not permitted by law to work as a registered manager.”
It is not known if Mr Richardson is still employed by The Dell residential home and a spokeswoman said she did not wish to comment on the matter.
A Suffolk police spokesman said they were not carrying out an investigation concerning Mr Richardson.