Cash stolen during robbery at Betfred bookmakers in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A bookmakers in Great Yarmouth has been sealed off following a robbery.
Investigations are continuing following a robbery at a bookmakers in Great Yarmouth.
Two males walked into Betfred on King Street shortly after 9am and demanded cash. No weapons were used and no-one was injured. However, an undisclosed amount of cash was taken.
Police, who put a cordon around the shop while forensics arried out investigations, said one male was described as 5ft 8in tall, of tanned complexion, in his late twenties, and wearing a baseball cap and black or dark clothing.
The second was 5ft tall of large build and with a tanned complexion, wearing a black woolly hat and a beige coloured jacket. He had “a tattoo on his right hand across his knuckles which appeared to be in a foreign language”.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call DS Pete Wilson at Great Yarmouth Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?