Cash stolen from safe during robbery of Eye store
- Credit: Archant
A shop worker was left “very shaken” following a robbery at a Suffolk Co-op store last night.
Police are appealing for witnesses or information after the incident at the Co-op in Church Street, Eye, which happened around 8.50pm.
Two offenders entered the back of the business premises and approached a woman shop worker in the office, instructing her to open the safe.
The woman complied with the demand and the suspects stole a quantity of notes and coins from the safe which they put into a JD sports bag before fleeing the scene on foot.
Police said that although nobody was hurt during the incident, the shop worker was left very shaken as a result.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects were described as a man and possibly a woman who were both wearing face coverings.
Witnesses, or anybody who saw anything suspicious around the time above, are asked to call police on 101, quoting reference 25263/18.
- 1 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 3 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
Alternatively, call the charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.