Castleton Brass Band from Eye on track to make history at prestigious London and Southern Counties championships
- Credit: Archant
A brass band based in Eye is on track to make history at the prestigious London and Southern Counties championships in March.
If they are to win their area championships in Stevenage this year, Castleton Brass will be the first in history to win three consecutive brass band ‘leagues’, three years in a row.
Since re-entering the competitive sector in 2014, Castleton has thrived at the regional championships, winning the Fourth Section league in 2016, and the Third Section in 2017.
Now in the Second Section, the band is looking to be succeed again at this year’s area championships on 18 March.
Steve Hornung, Castleton bass player, said: “We are all absolutely thrilled with what the band has achieved in the last three years. We are excited and working hard at the opportunity we have been given to do something that has not been done before.”
You may also want to watch:
Castleton is one of approximately 600 bands who compete in the UK.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 4 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 7 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash