Firefighters called to rescue cat ‘scared of the vets’ from tree
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Firefighters have been called to rescue a cat who escaped from its pet carrier and climbed up a tree during a visit to the vets.
Firefighters were called to Boldero Road in Bury St Edmunds shortly after 11.50am today, after receiving reports that the cat had become stuck up the tree, which stands around two-storeys high.
It is understood the cat had escaped from its cage during a visit to the local veterinary clinic.
A fire service spokesman said firefighters had initially hoped the cat would come down on its own, however visited the scene around 1.30pm to help bring it to safety.
The cat had been rescued by around 1.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
It did not suffer any injuries as a result of what happened, the spokesman added.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
- 10 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'