Cat rescued during house fire

A CAT has been rescued from a house in Colchester after fire broke out in a kitchen.

A CAT has been rescued from a house in Colchester after fire broke out in a kitchen.

Fire crews were called to Beaconsfield Avenue at about 6pm tonight after the blaze started when the house was empty.

Firefighters left the cat in the care of the owners who arrived back as the flames were being put out by crews from Colchester fire station.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter