Police hunt catalytic converter thieves
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police are hunting catalytic converter thieves after three thefts from cars in Haverhill over three days.
Officers are appealing for information following the incidents, which happened between Friday, July 17 and Sunday, July 19.
A catalytic converter was stolen from a Volkswagen Polo parked on Fritton Court around 3pm on Saturday, when two young white men wearing surgical masks were seen jacking the vehicle up and using a saw.
One man had dark hair, the other had light hair, and they fled in a black Toyota – which was later found abandoned in Mount Road in the town.
Another catalytic converter was taken from a Honda Accord in Clayhive Drive on Saturday between 2.30am and 2.36am.
You may also want to watch:
A further theft happened in Eastern Avenue between 6pm on Friday and 2.30pm on Sunday, when a Volkswagen Lupo was targeted.
Any information can be reported to police on 101, quoting crime reference 40653/20 (Fritton Court), 40674/20 (Clayhive Drive) or 40843/20 (Eastern Avenue).
Information can also be reported online via the Suffolk police website here.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 4 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Matchday Live: Goalless at the break in first game of a new era at Town
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed