Car crashes into ditch in country road
- Credit: Archant
A car has crashed into a ditch in a country lane in Suffolk.
Police, firefighters and paramedics were all called to the scene of a collision on the A1092, Cavendish Road, between the villages of Cavendish and Clare, at about 4.45pm.
A fire service spokesman said that one car had left the road and become stuck in a ditch.
Police closed the road in both directions, while one person was freed from the car and firefighters returned the car to the road.
The casualty at the scene was taken to hospital in the care of the East of England Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire engines were initially called to the scene - one from Clare, one from Long Melford and one from Haverhill.
One fire engine remained at the scene to assist.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
The road was reopened about 6pm.