Cavendish Road in Clare to be closed this summer during National Grid gas works
- Credit: citizenside.com
There will be disruption on the roads in Clare this summer due to work to upgrade the gas mains.
In July National Grid will begin work to renew nearly half a kilometre of iron gas mains in Cavendish Road, from the junction with Church Street to the junction with Harp Lane.
The project is due to start in mid July and is expected to take seven weeks, with the bulk of it taking place during the school summer holidays to reduce the disruption to local communities and the road network.
To safeguard engineers and road users, National Grid says it will be necessary to close Cavendish Road from Church Street to Harp Lane while the work is being carried out, with a diversion in place.
Access to Cavendish Road will be maintained for pedestrians and businesses in the town will remain open as usual.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be traffic management in place in Church Lane for three weeks during August. Details are being confirmed with the highways authority and are likely to include temporary traffic lights.
National Grid is inviting those in Clare and the surrounding villages to find out more about the project at a public meeting on Tuesday, June 2, at Clare Town Hall, starting at 7pm.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
Vince Doggett, of National Grid, said the work is “essential”. “We have explored every option but unfortunately a road closure of Cavendish Road in this case is unavoidable. Every effort will be made to complete the work as soon as we can and minimise disruption to local people.”
Businesses affected by the work may be eligible for compensation. National Grid representatives will be visiting local firms over the coming days to discuss the work and provide information about the compensation scheme. Businesses can also find out more by going to www.nationalgrid.com/uk/gas
If anyone has any queries or concerns they can attend the public information event. They can also contact National Grid customer services on 0800 096 5678.