CCTV appeal by police following raid on Tesco Express in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex have released CCTV images of men wearing balaclavas they want to interview in connection with an armed robbery in Colchester.
They entered the Tesco Express store, in St Christopher Road, at 9.10pm yesterday and threatened staff, who experienced a “frightening ordeal”, before leaving with an unknown amount of cash.
Nobody was hurt in the incident but police are keen for people to help locate the individuals.
They have been described as wearing dark clothes and gloves ... one black pair and one red pair.
One of the suspects is described as being in his 30s and wearing a grey top.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Stuart Knight, of Colchester CID, said: “Masked men entered the store brandishing a hammer and a knife. They have then threatened staff and have forced them to open the till before fleeing. Fortunately no one was hurt but the shop assistants and customers experienced a frightening ordeal.
“We urge anyone with information to contact Colchester CID on 101 quoting incident 962 or 07/11 Crimestoppers on 0800 500 111.”
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster