CCTV issued after attempted knifepoint robbery at shop
- Credit: SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY
Police have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with an attempted robbery in Bury St Edmunds.
Officers were called to the incident, at Hardwick Convenience Store in Home Farm Lane, at around 8.15pm last Friday.
According to police, a man who was in possession of a knife entered the shop and demanded cash be placed in a bag.
The suspect left after being told there was not much cash available and was also denied lottery scratch cards.
No items were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Now detectives want to speak to the man depicted in the CCTV images in connection with the incident.
He was dressed in all black, including a black hat, black snood or scarf covering his face, a black leather jacket, black trousers and dark coloured shoes. He was also carrying a black leather satchel bag.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
Anyone who recognises the man or has information should call Suffolk police on 101 quoting reference number 37/11186/20.