CCTV released in burglary appeal
DO you know these men?
Police have released CCTV images of two people they want to talk to in connection with the burglary of an elderly woman’s home in Ipswich.
The victim, aged in her nineties, was targeted at her Landseer Road home in February.
A man claiming to be working for the council said he needed to fit a smoke alarm while a second man entered the house and broke into a wardrobe.
Nothing was stolen in the incident on February 18 between 11.05-11.25am.
You may also want to watch:
Now CCTV images have been released by Hertfordshire police after a similar incident in Hemel Hempstead.
An elderly woman was visited by two men on April 20 who claimed to be checking her smoke alarm and the pair stole her purse.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
Police believe the two incidents could be connected.
Anyone with information should contact Det Con James Cassedy at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.