Man arrested for drink-driving ‘forgot his clothes’, say police
- Credit: Archant
A man who “forgot his clothes” has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after reportedly colliding with a fence and parked car - before then failing to stop for police in the early hours of the morning.
The Essex Roads Policing Unit stopped the 33-year-old in Brightlingsea on Wednesday morning in Cedar Avenue after receiving reports of a collision.
The officers then Tweeted: “We are at the scene of a fail to stop RTC in Brightlingsea. Where not only did the driver forget to stop, he forgot to get insurance, oh, and he forgot his clothes, he has now been arrested for drink-driving.”
#Fatal4 was then used in the tweet referring to the four offences which make people more likely to be killed or seriously injured in a collision – including driving with a mobile phone, drink driving, speeding and not wearing a seatbelt.
The Brightlingsea man currently remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143