Celebrate a true Dickensian Christmas at Kentwell Hall, Long Melford
- Credit: Archant
Visitors are being invited to celebrate a true Dickensian Christmas at Kentwell Hall, near Long Melford, over two weekends next month.
The events, set in the grand Tudor home, combines Victorian splendour with charm, fun and illusions for younger visitors in the Alice in Wonderland story book rooms.
Visitors can enjoy watching the Victorian household going about their daily routine in full period costumes, while the staff and villagers attend their chores and festive preparation.
During a visit to Dickensian Christmas, people can join in with songs, readings and recitations and see Mr Dickens himself present A Christmas Carol.
Children can enjoy a visit to Cratchit’s Cottage, see Father Christmas and pat the reindeer and donkeys, while the whole family can try their hand at Victorian craft making.
You may also want to watch:
The events take place from Friday, December 8, to Sunday, December 10, and Friday, December 15, to Sunday, December 17.
For more information, click here.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt