Celebrity cage fighter Alex Reid to give MMA masterclass in Ipswich
- Credit: PA
Celebrity cage fighter Alex Reid is hosting a mixed martial arts masterclass in Ipswich next month to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
The event, at Pipers Vale gymnastics club from 1pm on Sunday, October 8, has been organised by former European and world kickboxing champion Darren Summers, whose 16-year-old and seven-year-old children have the condition.
“He trained me for my first cage fight which I won in the first round,” said Mr Summers. “We wanted to do something for the Trust and this is our first event.
“You don’t have to be involved in martial arts to come along, it is for anyone of any age from any walk of life.
“Alex will also be talking about fitness, how to maintain your weight and what to eat, and will be answering questions afterwards too.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £20 to take part, £5 to spectate, and are available from Darren on 07802 578265.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln