Celebrity faces we lost in 2017
- Credit: PA
We take a look back at the celebrities which have passed away in the last 12 months.
One famous face that we said goodbye to this year was Sir Bruce Forsyth.
The former The Price is Right host passed away at the age of 89 on August 18.
Sir Bruce had been ill for many months and then contracted bronchial pneumonia.
However, the twinkle in his eye that the public were so used to seeing remained throughout.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement given by his family shortly after his death they said: “A couple of weeks ago, a friend visited him and asked him what he had been doing these last 18 months.
“With a twinkle in his eye, he responded ‘I’ve been very, very busy... being ill!’”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
On October 2, 2017 legendary US rock star Tom Petty passed away.
Mr Petty was 66 when he died after suffering a cardiac arrest in Malibu.
• Read more: Tom Petty dies aged 66