Cerebral palsy girls needs special pony
THE family of a 13-year-old girl with cerebral palsy are hoping to find a mild mannered pony to help her continue with her love of riding. Despite having less strength on the left hand side of her body, Lucy Embleton of Tiptree took up riding about 18 months ago and made rapid progress.
THE family of a 13-year-old girl with cerebral palsy are hoping to find a mild mannered pony to help her continue with her love of riding.
Despite having less strength on the left hand side of her body, Lucy Embleton of Tiptree took up riding about 18 months ago and made rapid progress.
She reached a level when it was felt she could have her own ride, but her family have so far been unable to find a placid pony.
It is hoped once Lucy, of Tudwick Road, finds a suitable creature she will then start entering local horse shows.
You may also want to watch:
Her mother Wendy said they were hoping to buy or loan a mountain and moorland breed.
She said: “It doesn't have to be a brilliant standard, it is mainly about the temperament – we understand that they all have their own personality.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
“It is about giving Lucy confidence, she has been going to the Tiptree Equestrian Centre and has been walking, trotting and cantering.”
Lucy, who goes to Thurstable School, has regular physiotherapy for her condition and also plays hockey and netball.
Mrs Embleton added if they found a suitable pony such as a New Forest it would be kept with the family's other four horses on their land in Tiptree and not in livery.
Anyone interested in helping Lucy find a docile pony should call Mrs Embleton on 01621 819170.