Chance for girls to play football
GIRLS’ football is coming to Felixstowe and Woodbridge.
Suffolk Football Association are working with Felixstowe and Walton Untied Ladies Youth and with Suffolk Sport and Woodbridge Town Youth to help develop girls football in these towns.
Girls from school years three to six are invited to take part in eight- week courses at both towns starting next week.
The courses are being held at Orwell School, Felixstowe from Tuesday September 21 to Tuesday November 16 (between 5pm and 6pm) and at Woodbridge School from Monday September 20 until Monday November 15 (between 5.30pm and 6.30pm).
The courses are designed as taster courses for girls who might not have had the chance to play football before and for more information contact Suffolk FA Sue Wells, girls’ and women’s development officer on 01449 776314 or e-mail email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Felixstowe & Walton are holding at four v four girls football roadshow event on Saturday October 2 for Under-eight, nine, 10 age groups. Club and school teams are invited to take part.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift