Chance of snow as forecasters predict another cold snap
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia could see snow again towards the end of the week as more cold weather sweeps through the region.
After a milder weekend, Suffolk and Essex are set for lower temperatures through the week with the chance of more wintery showers and ice on Friday and into the weekend.
According to Weatherquest forecaster Adam Dury, said strong winds were also set to blast the region.
He said: “We may see wintery showers this week off the coast and three to four miles inland, similar to last week.
“It is looking dry today (Monday) and tomorrow (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
“Wednesday is still a dry day but will be a bit more breezy with temperatures of 10-11C (50-52F)
“Thursday morning could see temperatures go up to 13-14C (55- 57F) with a band of rain coming through.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 7 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
“We could also see blustery winds, up to 40-45mph across the region in the morning.
“Thursday night will be colder and there could be a ground frost into the night and early Friday morning.
“As well as ground frost there could be some sleet and wintery showers first thing.
“Saturday will be a mostly dry day although parts of the coast may get a touch of snow.”
He said Sunday was looking to be even colder, with temperatures in the morning as low as -3C (27F).