Chance of snow as forecasters predict another cold snap
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia could see snow again towards the end of the week as more cold weather sweeps through the region.
After a milder weekend, Suffolk and Essex are set for lower temperatures through the week with the chance of more wintery showers and ice on Friday and into the weekend.
According to Weatherquest forecaster Adam Dury, said strong winds were also set to blast the region.
He said: “We may see wintery showers this week off the coast and three to four miles inland, similar to last week.
“It is looking dry today (Monday) and tomorrow (Tuesday).
“Wednesday is still a dry day but will be a bit more breezy with temperatures of 10-11C (50-52F)
“Thursday morning could see temperatures go up to 13-14C (55- 57F) with a band of rain coming through.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
“We could also see blustery winds, up to 40-45mph across the region in the morning.
“Thursday night will be colder and there could be a ground frost into the night and early Friday morning.
“As well as ground frost there could be some sleet and wintery showers first thing.
“Saturday will be a mostly dry day although parts of the coast may get a touch of snow.”
He said Sunday was looking to be even colder, with temperatures in the morning as low as -3C (27F).