Chance to submit views on £15million travel improvement scheme for Chelmsford ends on August 28
- Credit: thinkstock
There are just a few days left to submit views about a £15million package designed to improve travel in and around Chelmsford.
The Chelmsford City Growth Package is made up of 30 schemes aimed at improving road, cycle, bus, and walking infrastructure across the city.
Councillor Kevin Bentley, deputy leader of Essex County Council, said: “We all know Chelmsford’s roads are almost at capacity and we have to think radically about new and innovative ways to free up our roads.
“There is something for everyone in the package of schemes we have proposed. We are simply asking people to give up just a couple of minutes of their time to tell us what they like, and don’t like, about the plans to help keep Chelmsford moving.”
The package is the first step in works to create Chelmsford’s Future Transport Network, and the public has until midnight on August 28 to submit views.
To have your say, visit essex.gov.uk/chelmsfordtransport.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's