Change of command at Suffolk airbase
A NEW commander has been appointed to oversee the running of a Suffolk-based fighter unit.
Called the Liberty Wing, the United States Air Force in Europe’s 48th Fighter Wing is based at RAF Lakenheath.
At a special ceremony organised at the base, Colonel John Quintas took over the role of commander from Colonel Jay Silveria.
The ceremony was officiated by Lieutenant General Frank Gorenc, 3rd Air Force commander.
“I take the responsibility of command very seriously,” Col Quintas said. “I am entrusted with our nation’s greatest asset, its young men and women.”
You may also want to watch:
Col Quintas has served as the 48th Operations Group commander here for the last two years. He thanked Col Silveria, the former wing commander, for helping him prepare to take charge.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches