Huge swell at Southwold seafront as spring tides combine forces with high winds
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
High tide is starting to reach Southwold with residents and business owners reporting that water levels are already high at the town.
Pete Hart, owner of the gift shop Chapmans of Southwold recorded footage of the waves starting to break at the coastal town earlier this morning.
Footage shows spectacular waves breaking across the beach close to the huts having been bolstered by spring tides.
Since then water levels have continued to rise with Southwold harbour now thought to be flooded with water now crossing the road there.
“It’s an impressive site,” said Mr Hart, “and there’s still an hour to go.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hart said that while the waves themselves were good to watch that there obvious concerns for those with homes and businesses close to the seafront.
Southwold will hit high tide at 12.11pm.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing