Charities to benefit from glittering night in Great Whelnetham
- Credit: Copyright Andy Abbott
Two charities in Bury St Edmunds are set to benefit from a glittering night out featuring top stars and entertainers.
The My WiSH Charity EveryHeartMatters appeal and the Gatehouse Dementia Hub are to be the recipients of funds raised from “A Night 2 Remember 2”.
It is being organised by the town’s Facebook group “We Love Bury St Edmunds!” and is being held on Saturday, December 16, at Great Whelnetham Community Centre.
“It’s going to be a great night and a night to remember for those attending,” said James Sheen, the brains behind the organization.
“All we need now is for people to come out and purchase their tickets for the event. We want to promote their profile locally while at the same time raise vital funds for both charities.
You may also want to watch:
“And we are also looking for sponsors and raffle prizes.”
The stars on the night include Paul Da Vinci, the original voice on The Rubettes’ hit tune “Sugar Baby Love”; Jacquii Cann who was a Stars in Their Eyes winner and won the contest by impersonating Alison Moyet; impressionist Marea Smithson who has appeared on Britain’s Got Talent and impersonates people as diverse as Anne Robinson to
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 7 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
Ann Widdecombe; Sarah Probert, a 1940/50s rock and roll singer; and burlesque cabaret artist Kristin Kapelli who stole the hearts of party goers at last year’s event.
There will also be a buffet and first drinks will be free.
Tickets costs £39.99 and further information about the event and how to get involved can be found at www.welovebse.com