Charity bike ride raises more than £6,000
- Credit: supplied
Vauxhall dealer Marshall of Ipswich has announced that the successful charity bike ride hosted by Bobby on a Bike raised more than £6,000.
The sixth annual May Ride, supported by Marshall of Ipswich, saw 62 riders cover nearly 400 miles on a four-day expedition following a challenging route. The journey took them from Aldeburgh, in Suffolk, to Borth, on the mid-coast of Wales, in aid of the national Armed Forces charity SSAFA – Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association.
Marshall of Ipswich site manager Adam Roe took part in the gruelling ride and personally raised £400.
He said: “This is the hardest thing I have ever physically had to do. It was a demanding route and tested our endurance and willpower as well as being physically challenging.
“We were lucky with the weather being dry and warm, which was a welcome relief as we were camping each night. The last day proved a real struggle, riding 87 miles on some of Wales’s most challenging climbs with 20mph headwinds for most of the route. That was very tough and strength-sapping.
You may also want to watch:
“Having said that, I am delighted to have been a part of the experience and have raised so much money for a worthwhile cause. I am already looking ahead to next year’s ride.
“The organisation was superb and I’d like to thank Neil Smith, founder of Bobby on a Bike, for all his time and effort in making this a huge success. He is a so supportive of the cyclists and invests a lot of time in Bobby on a Bike events.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
For more information about Marshall of Ipswich, visit the dealer in Augusta Close, The Havens, Ransomes Europark, Ipswich, IP3 9SS, telephone 0844 334 9172 or go online at www.marshallweb.co.uk For information about Bobby on a Bike visit www.bobbyonabike.com