Football club to host fun day in aid of East Anglian Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A host of activities, including a walking football tournament, will take place at a family fun day in Haverhill this weekend.
The event, at Haverhill Rovers Football Club, will be held in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, and will also feature arts and crafts stalls, a raffle and refreshments.
Emily Liversidge, organiser and funeral director at the Haverhill East of England Co-op Funeral Services branch, said: “The East Anglian Air Ambulance receives no government funding at all and rely solely on donations from the public.
“I feel proud to have organised an event that supports such a worthy cause, as well as providing the local community with a fun family day out.”
Raffle prizes have been donated by companies in the area, including tickets for Shepreth Wildlife Park, Curve Motion, Framlingham Castle, Anglia Indoor Karting, with all proceeds going to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place from 1pm-5pm on Sunday, August 12, at Haverhill Rovers FC in Chalkstone Way. Parking is available on site.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 7 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game