Charity golf day raises vital funds for hospice
- Credit: Archant
More than 75 golfers took to the fairways in Haverhill to raise money for a hospice charity.
The Jan Bowers and Past Member Memorial Trophy took place on September 15 at Haverhill Golf Club and raised more than £1,723 for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The event, the fourth of its kind, was organised by Peter Bowers, who is a current member and former captain at the club.
Peter’s wife Jan was cared for by the hospice in her final days.
Mr Bowers said: “t was a great day and everyone really enjoyed themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really pleased with how everything went, but the day really wouldn’t be the success it is without the support it receives from local businesses, the golf club, and all those who take part.”
The event also included a raffle, which raised around £700 towards the total, with the main prize donated by M.J. Pipe Electrical as well as other gifts provided by many other local businesses.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
“I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported the raffle. Especially Norma Humphries for organising it all and Spencer Tatum for the support he gave,” Mr Bowers added.