Annual charity golf day at Stowmarket raises £3,000 for the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A total of 168 competitors took part in the annual Theatre Royal Golf Day held at Stowmarket Golf Club helping to raise thousands of pounds for the playhouse in Bury St Edmunds.
The weather was an incredible contrast from the April date the event was originally scheduled which had to be cancelled due to flooding and was won by the team of Bill and Tom Darling, Charlie Wilderspin and Ipswich Town legend Mick Lambert who came in with 120 points followed by Stephen Over, Phil Ayres, Garry Clark and Duncan Macdonald with 117 points and in third place Steve Jewhurst, Mervyn Leach, Paul Ross and Roy Pilgrim with 133 points.
Sam Renville won the men’s longest drive with 403 yards on the fifth hole which finished close to the green whilst Stowmarket’s Linda Gilham won the ladies’ longest drive.
John Mann went very close on the par 3 second hole to win the prize for Nearest the Pin.
The nine-hole putting competition was won by Stephen Stutters with 14 putts that included four single putts.
You may also want to watch:
The day raised £3,000 for the Theatre Royal and next year’s event is to be held on Thursday, April 4, and anyone keen to enter a team can contact organiser Ian Duncan on 01359 244537 or by email Ian@club-noticeboard.co.uk
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'