Golfers set to tee off for charity event in Witham
- Credit: Tom Bowdidge Youth Cancer Foundation.
Dozens of golfers are set to tee off for charity at a special event in north Essex this summer.
The Tom Bowdidge Youth Cancer Foundation has called on enthusiasts and pros to take part in an exclusive competition at Benton Hall Golf and Country Club, Witham, on July 11.
Nikki Bowdidge, CEO and founder, said: “The day at Benton Hall is always an excellent feature of the year. We have had some amazing people take part before and show us how it’s done and I am sure this year will be no different.”
There will be several competitions on the day, from the longest drive to nearest the pin. and a four-ball competition is also planned.
Richard Bowdidge, co-founder, is organising this year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s always nice as a charity to kick back and relax for a day and we will certainly be doing that.
“And while we cannot guarantee the weather, we are certainly owed a few decent days of sunshine.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 Rail services affected after person hit by train
Now in its fifth year, the golf day supports the charity set up to continue the work of Tom Bowdidge, who was only 18 when he was diagnosed with a rare cancer. He instantly set out to help others who found themselves in the same situation, and raised more than £170,000 for charity.
Tickets for the golf day cost £50, and companies can sponsor a hole at the event from £150. To take part, and for further information, call Richard Bowdidge on 07833 398519 or email: email@example.com