Charity walk hopes to raise thousands
MORE than £10,000 is hoped to be raised from a charity walk next month.The Sizewell Saunter, a sponsored walk organised by Macmillan Cancer Support, will take place on Sunday, May 27, starting between 10am and 12noon, as part of the charity's national Walk Wonders events.
MORE than £10,000 is hoped to be raised from a charity walk next month.
The Sizewell Saunter, a sponsored walk organised by Macmillan Cancer Support, will take place on Sunday, May 27, starting between 10am and 12noon, as part of the charity's national Walk Wonders events.
They hope to raise the money from the Suffolk walk alone to help reach their target of providing advice and care to all cancer patients and their families.
Jenny Edwards, fundraising assistant, said: “We're encouraging people to come and join us because it's a beautiful area to walk and each year 3,500 people in Suffolk are diagnosed with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“The need for us is pressing and we offer advice and care to many patients and families but don't have the resources to do this for everyone so by taking part in the Sizewell Saunter you can held us reach our goal.”
There is a choice of either a 4.5-mile circular walk, exploring the Sizewell Beach and nearby village of Thorpeness, or a 10-mile circular walk along the Sandlings and Suffolk Coastal Paths.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
Macmillan Cancer Support is also encouraging people to host their own sponsored walks if they are unable to make the Sizewell Saunter.
“Pick a day in May, get your friends, family, work colleagues and take a walk in the countryside, close to home or somewhere you haven't been before. You could even stop for a picnic or pub lunch on the way, it's up to you.”
To take part in the Sizewell Saunter, register at www.macmillan.org.uk/walk or call 0845 673 0715.