Chef denies sexual abuse of children
A CHEF at a Suffolk air base has appeared in court accused of sexually abusing three children, with some of the alleged offences dating back 30 years.
Terence Neathey, who was employed as a chef at RAF Honington, is alleged to have sexually assaulted two schoolboys and a schoolgirl when he was living in Evergreen Road, Lowestoft and Tedder Close, Barnham.
Neathey, 53, of Livermere Road, Troston, near Bury St Edmunds, has denied 10 offences of indecent assault, 10 offences of indecency with a child and one offence of attempted rape in relation to a boy aged between six and 15 and one offence of indecent assault and one offence of indecency with a child in relation to an eight-year-old boy.
He has also denied two offences of indecent assault on a schoolgirl aged between seven and nine between 1980 and 1983.
Noel Casey, prosecuting at Ipswich Crown Court, alleged that Neathey had used a pair of women’s tights to tie up and gag one of the schoolboys and that he had also taken part in sexual activity with both schoolboys at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Casey claimed that after one of the schoolboys complained to the police the alleged female victim had come forward and made claims about what Neathey had done to her during her childhood.
The court heard that after his arrest Neathey denied the allegations and claimed that his three accusers were all lying.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
The trial, which is expected to last seven days, continues today.