Chef Galton Blackiston confirmed for popular food and drink festival in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Su Anderson
A summer food and drink festival in Bury St Edmunds is already fully booked and has one of the region’s top chefs confirmed for the line-up.
The two-day event in August, organised by the town’s Business Improvement District (BID) group Ourburystedmunds, will feature a wide range of produce stalls and attractions as well as shows from celebrity and local chefs.
Galton Blackiston, from the Michelin-starred Morston Hall on the Norfolk coast, is confirmed for the first day of the event, on Sunday, August 30.
Ourburystedmunds chief executive, Mark Cordell, said: “We are delighted to have secured Galton for the opening day of the festival and he’s promising a great show in our Aga Rangemaster Theatre Kitchen.”
He said the town had a “growing and vibrant” restaurant scene and both the summer food and drink festival and the virtual one last month, the Fab Feb Food Fest, provided a “fantastic opportunity” to showcase how much was on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cordell said the food and drink festival, which has been running since 2012, was fully booked by traders and there is even a waiting list.
“We are delighted it has quickly become such an established part of the festival calendar in Bury and one of the top food and drink festivals in the region.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
He added there should be some new stalls this year.
For more information visit www.burystedmundsfestivals.com